What is Patient Portal?
Patient Portal is a web-based application (website and app) that provides an easy way for you to access your child’s electronic health record (EHR) online at your own convenience. Using this application, you will be able to find information regarding your child’s latest well and sick visits including growth charts, immunization records, medication information, allergies, lab results, and patient education materials.
What else can I do on Patient Portal?
- Exchange secure e-mails with your child’s healthcare team
- Request to schedule non-urgent appointments
- Request prescription refills
- Update your insurance and contact information prior to your appointment.
- Complete questionnaires prior to your appointment in order to lessen your wait time in the office.
Is my child’s health information private and secure on Patient Portal?
Patient Portal has privacy and security safeguards in place to protect your child’s health information.
- To make sure that your private health information is safe from unauthorized access, patient portals are hosted on a secure connection and accessed via an encrypted, password-protected login.
- EHR’s also have an “audit trail” feature that keeps a record of who accessed your information, what changes were made, and when.
- Although patient portals use safeguards, there are other safety tips you should follow when accessing the patient portal. Always remember to protect your username and password, and make sure to only log in to the patient portal from a personal or secure computer.
How do I register?
Please contact our office so we can provide you with a temporary password. To ensure your child’s EHR links up properly to your account, please use the email address that the office has on file. If you have any questions during this process please contact our office.
Please provide most used email and allow up to 2 days to update our systems.